$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
*City*of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to both the Team Leader Climate Resilience and Manager Urban Sustainability, the purpose of your role as the Senior Sustainability Officer – Climate Resilience is to assist Council to deliver a strategic response to adapting to climate change in the municipality. You will be responsible for advising and makes recommendations about courses of action which support positive water management, policy and climate change adaptation outcomes as well as leading the development and implementation of other projects and initiatives being delivered under Council’s ‘A City that Cares for its Environment’ Goal.
Working with key internal and external stakeholders, you will be responsible for identifying, developing and implementing projects which ensure Council’s objectives are incorporated into the organisations design and building projects and activities. You will be expected to make a major contribution to coordination of water management activities within Council and delivery of water management plans and strategy, as well as to provide advice and advocacy for innovative approaches to Integrated Water Management for the city more broadly.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environment, landscape architecture, engineering, sustainability, natural resource management, public policy or science. An excellent working knowledge of integrated water management and water sensitive urban design theory and concepts would also be valued
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, persuasion and communication skills including good presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in delivering good customer service and developing productive ongoing relationships including managing stakeholder relations and significant strategic networking relationships
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to lead and participate in team-based projects relating to the development and implementation of climate adaptation initiatives
- Strong writing skills including report writing and formal submissions to industry and legislative forums
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive networks and partnerships and to navigate effectively through political complexities with multiple stakeholders.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Vicki Barmby, Team Leader Climate Resilience
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
Cityof Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe workingenvironment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.