Strategic Product Manager
The objective of the 'Senior Strategic Product Manager' role is to conceptualise and deliver initiatives which fundamental redesign the Mobile, wireless and Fixed consumer product portfolios over the next three years. The Product manager will be a crucial change agent within the Optus Consumer business for the strategic transformation of our product portfolio and deliver strategic and transformative initiatives.
As a Strategic Product Manager at Optus, you will:
- Contribute to the strategic vision to simplify the core product portfolio, including socialising among key business stakeholders
- Identify and deliver major product change initiatives across the product portfolios, including requirements definition / scope / milestone planning, and successfully delivering the associated benefits
- Leading the commercial evaluation of new concepts in conjunction with Commercial leads, including assumptions gathering, business case development, commercial ratification and sign-off
- Creating opportunities for sustainable profitable growth by building a climate of experimentation and innovation, challenging the status quo and ways of working
- Managing virtual, cross functional teams to tackle complex enterprise-wide challenges through influence and leadership, i.e. without direct reporting control
- Delivering cost efficiencies and improved CX through a transformative simplification of the product portfolio and contribute to a high-performance culture that creates and sustains a climate of continuous learning and excellence
- Work collaboratively in an open, fast-paced environment with flexible working hours and location
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- Mobile and Broadband staff discounts
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Staff busses to Epping and Wynyard, and back again
Contributing to the strategic vision you will help to simplify the core product portfolio, identifying major change initiatives across the Mobile, wireless & fixed broadband, and new products portfolio.
Other preferred skills and experience include:
- Relevant bachelor degree with a focus in engineering for machine learning
- Professional experience in product management, product design, and/or strategy roles
- Telecommunications experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the Australian Internet / multimedia/ consumer products industry would be advantageous
- Great communication skills and ability to build relationships with diverse teams across Enterprise leadership, Stakeholder management and influencing Virtual team coordination and management
- Strong analytical skills with a problem solving mindset
At Optus, we don't sit back and let the future happen to us - we're out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we're working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!