CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We are currently seeking a Senior Stakeholder & Community Relations Advisor to join our Water Team. The successful candidate would be leading the function on an upcoming design & construct sewer rehabilitation project in Melbourne’s inner west. You will be based on a construction site, working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Additionally, we expect the candidate to provide technical leadership and mentoring to a team of Community Relations & Stakeholder Advisors and Coordinators working on other projects sites within the Water Team.
On offer are great career prospects with a Tier 1 contractor with a diverse portfolio of projects.
As Senior Stakeholder & Community Relations Advisor, you will be accountable for:
- Managing the communications and stakeholder engagement functions
- Working as part of a construction team to understand and communicate upcoming construction activities
- Responding to community queries
- Identifying and advising on external issues which may have an impact on the community
- Developing and implementing communications plans and stakeholder engagement programs
- Compiling monthly reports in relation to community interaction
- Maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Developing high quality written and verbal communications
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Proven experience from a construction background, preferably on major projects
- Experience in front-line community relations, managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and resolving enquiries and complaints to a satisfactory outcome
- An understanding of your role in construction and know how to support the team to deliver results
- Exceptional organisational skills, be process driven and capable of managing multiple work streams at once
- An understanding of construction processes and excellent writing skills, capable of translating complex technical concepts into plain English
- Ideally, a tertiary qualification
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.