Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Email is the most vital channel for Zendesk and our customers - we send and receive millions of emails per day. If you are passionate about working on a core product element with incredible scale, our friendly, supportive & diverse team is for you.
What you bring to the role:
- You love problem solving. Investigating problems and figuring out the appropriate fix is something you're good at.
- You have a deep working knowledge of Ruby.
- You are a seasoned engineer with experience working on large-scale systems.
- You write beautifully clean, efficient, maintainable code.
- You know your way around relational databases and SQL.
- Familiarity with the email standards. Even better if you know SPF, DKIM & DMARC. We can help you get up to speed if not.
- Ember (or similar) - most of our work is in the core email processing logic (Ruby) but we occasionally work on the UI too.
- DevOps experience - when problems occur we work with the operations team to help figure out what’s going on and how to fix it. Being comfortable getting onto production servers and delving into the logs becomes important.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- You love helping everyone improve their code, working together with the team on Github and the PR process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Perks include a competitive salary package as well as stock, flexible working hours, a fully stocked kitchen and brand new offices on Collins Street! We're also keen on ongoing learning so you'll develop your skills through pair programming, lunch and learns, hackathons, lab days to experiment with new ideas and a yearly training allowance too. In addition, you'll be invited, and encouraged, to take part in company-sponsored volunteer initiatives.
If you are passionate about working on a core product element with incredible scale, our friendly, supportive & diverse team is for you.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.