Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Due to an internal transfer we are currently looking for a senior software engineer based at our Rydalmere site in our Avionics business. Our Avionics business provides training and simulation solutions to defence platforms and also avionic systems for helicopters. This is an incredible opportunity to work in a very exciting part of our business with simulation and working within an environment producing cloud and full web stack application deployments.
- Perform software engineering activities to develop solutions/products for our customers (including software development, requirements analysis, software design, coding, software integration, documentation and testing)
- Provide input to the design of the software component architecture and any project software studies
- Perform preliminary and detailed software design on solution components and also implementation of approved software designs
- Participate and also lead code inspections and technical reviews
- Lead the preparation of formal integration and test plans and also provide leadership into the software system integration and V&V activities
- Degree qualified in computer science or software engineering with extensive experience in software development across different target environments and in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Extensive programming skills ideally in C/C++/Java or Python
- Experience in using Web stack technologies and software design patterns
- Any industry experience working in another simulation organisation would be advantageous
- Experienced ideally in leading teams and projects and you enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- This role may require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- Police and medical checks will be required for this role.
- Some regular domestic travel may be required in this role