Our acoustics team is working on some of the largest and most important projects across Australia, and as a result we’re growing. Our Australian-New Zealand acoustics practice encompasses a team of people working collaboratively across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Townsville, Auckland and Christchurch. We are currently seeking an acoustic consultant with experience in transport infrastructure and environmental acoustics to join our Melbourne team. Our acoustics team has a collaborative and vibrant culture, comprises a group of engaged professionals, and is looking forward to welcoming a like-minded individual to the team.
You will have the opportunity to work on road and rail, and environmental acoustics projects of varying sizes. Depending on your experience, you will also have the opportunity to lead projects and mentor junior staff. Our acoustics team works across all areas of acoustics, providing you with additional scope to diversify into buildings, vibration, or one of the many specialty areas, according to your interests. Further, AECOM is a large and diverse organisation, offering opportunities that extend beyond your core discipline, should you wish to explore broader career options over time.
Key responsibilities of the role, depending on experience, include:
- Lead acoustic engineering projects;
- Provide guidance, mentoring and technical support to staff;
- Assist the company in developing business;
- Provide a high level of service for the client and other members of the project team;
- Plan projects to ensure key dates and financial performance metrics are achieved; and
- Be the point of contact with clients on projects.
- 5+ years Acoustic Consultancy experience (Senior) or 10+ years Acoustic Consultancy experience (Principal);
- Experience in environmental noise and road traffic or rail noise;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to project manage acoustics projects; and
- Experience and demonstrated ability to contribute to business development.
- Engineering or Science degree qualified in a relevant discipline, post-graduate qualifications will be an advantage.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Acoustics
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 202332BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.