About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join as a Senior Regulatory and Compliance Advisor. You will play a key role in promoting a compliance culture at AGL, as well as providing leadership support and guidance to the Regulatory & Compliance Advisor and assisting the Regulation and Ombudsman Manager provide regulatory advice and compliance.
- Promoting an effective compliance culture at AGL
- Building the compliance framework
- Implementation of a formal compliance management program for the business unit
- Conduct and take appropriate action according to results generated from compliance monitoring activities, with a view to facilitating compliance
- Providing leadership support and guidance to the Regulatory & Compliance Advisor, including assisting with complex matters, providing direction and prioritisation
- Draft submissions to regulatory consultations
- Assist with preparation of regulatory compliance reporting
- Analyse reports and identify trends and issues based on the results of the reports
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Proven experience in building a compliance framework
- Ability to understand the regulatory frameworks in the energy industry
- Commercial and strategic attitude toward ensuring regulatory compliance within the business
- Strong literacy skills and experience in the preparation of written reports and/or submissions
- Proven experience within a risk or compliance role
- Experience in partnering with the business on delivery of compliance requirements
- Aware of best practice developments in regulatory compliance and drives their implementation where appropriate
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, economics, law or equivalent are preferred, with a strong preference for candidates with energy experience
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
If joining an organisation that truly understands the importance of it’s people and lives its values daily sounds like you then apply now! For a confidential discussion, please call Trevor Draude 03 8805 6570.
Advertised: 08 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 22 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time