AECOM Construction Services is a rapidly expanding and diversified business line of the well-known global AECOM brand. We are looking to expand our Melbourne team and hire a proven Senior Project Manager, capable of managing a project from concept to completion across industry sectors such as Civil Infrastructure, Energy, Mining, Healthcare, Defence and Education.
The successful Senior Project Manager will have a proven capability and interest to deliver projects involving multi-disciplined packages of works potentially across multiple industry sectors in an autonomous Project Management role.
The role of Senior Project Manager will allow the successful applicant to be part of our project delivery team in Melbourne and benefit from our 2019 expansion plan. This opportunity will enable the Senior Project Manager to impact and advise across all project phases, including; procurement, contract management, engineering, construction, demolition and project close out.
Suitable candidates can expect to:
- Provide day-to-day management of our internal team, consultants and contractors, ensuring they are delivering their scope of services, performing as expected by the client and meeting project deadlines;
- Work across diverse projects types and coordinate/cooperate across multiple stakeholders to manage project timeline and cost;
- Prepare and develop briefs, proposals, project management plans and contract documents and administer contracts in accordance with relevant policies and procedures;
- Develop and enhance client relationships in the long-term and work closely with providing optimal project results;
- Utilise exceptional client-facing stakeholder engagement and proactive Project Management to grow business relationships and contribute towards future pipeline of works;
- Demand excellence throughout the project lifecycle and add value to the project through drive, enthusiasm and a passion for client-side project management in a results-driven environment;
- Assess consultant and contractor payment claims, variations, extension of time claims and work orders and issue site instructions;
- Oversee and coordinate design processes, managing consultants and ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are of a high quality;
- Adhere to AECOM’s policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Code of Business Conduct, EEO, OH&S, Business Management System; and
- Develop and maintain project programs, change schedules, scoping documents, risk assessments, management plans, budgets and issues registers.
In order to succeed in this fast-paced project environment you will be proven in a range of industry sectors and be a capable Senior Project Manager, ideally also with exposure to demolition and remediation projects.
This is a concept-completion Project Management role, which demands responsibilities across multiple industry sectors and works with a variety of our most valued clients, therefore an ability to show evidence of the following attributes would be ideal;
- Relevant qualifications in Project Management or Engineering, such as a Bachelor of Engineering or Construction;
- 10+ years relevant experience in Project Management across Australian construction, decommissioning or engineering projects;
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative, ethical behaviour;
- Strong commitment to quality, safety and understanding of OH&S best practice and obligations;
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts for consulting services and understanding how to use contracts to assign responsibility and risk;
- Proven exposure to building client relationships and utilise business development skills, including confident stakeholder management;
- Participation in in the development of qualifications and commercially viable bid proposals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to develop comprehensive reports and submissions;
- Experience with administering contracts and overseeing the work of constructors, including negotiating variations and managing progress claims.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Construction Management
*Business Line*Construction Services
*Business Group*Construction Services Group (CS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.