Senior Project Developer
(2 year fixed term role)
This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer with substantial project management experience to join TransGrid’s Project Development team. The role provides technical leadership for the responses to bids and opportunities, including project scoping, option feasibility studies for non-prescribed opportunities, and design coordination for non-prescribed projects.
You will have the ability to develop complete, accurate, appropriate, and affordable proposals for projects in compliance with appropriate technical, work health & safety, environmental, budget, time, statutory and quality requirements. You will also have the ability to coordinate timely, efficient and quality designs to meet customer requirements. The position reports to the Customer Projects Development Manager.
As a Senior Project Developer you will:
- During the bid stage, develop scope for costing, develop project program and coordinate all required technical inputs to inform the offer to the customer
- During the delivery stage, coordinate all TransGrid design inputs and any required property and environmental approvals for which TransGrid is responsible
- Manage risk, quality, resources, communications, procurement, cost control, and schedule control associated with the bid phase
- Identify risk implications and create controls to counter identified risks, and manage with affected stakeholders to mitigate the risk
- Lead the investigation and preparation of project capital cost estimates (PCCE) relating to the delivery and operating stages of projects
- Lead the i n ves t igat ion and preparat ion of opt ion feas ibili ty s tudies relat ing to the conceptual s tage
- Co-ordinate with project stakeholders and incorporate requirements into project designs and specifications
- Identify and engage resources required to complete project tasks in accordance with the project program
- Provide advice, information, reports and submissions on project performance and to achieve project objectives
- Apply technical knowledge to analyse and develop design options, projects schedules, cost and risks in a project management framework
- Coordinate and manage the issue of IFC designs in accordance with appropriate standards
- Prepare technical scope definition report that includes the scope of work and list of drawings for construction / conceptual designs.
- Prepare option feasibility studies ensuring that option scope, cost, program, environment and risks are considered.
- Monitor and report on project program for compliance and performance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification at degree level in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Substantial experience in managing a range of project management activities for transmission line and substation projects including coordination of design, environment, regulatory approvals and stakeholder engagement activities
- Experience in identifying key issues and alternatives across the areas of design, environmental assessment, and construction.
- Substantial experience in the development of detailed project programs and cost estimates for projects.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards and Government policy guidelines, which govern safety, engineering design, environmental assessment for the implementation of engineering projects
- Good interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills to provide specialist technical advice
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Current driver’s licence and the ability to work away from assigned location
At the heart of the national electricity market, our high voltage transmission network connects customers across NSW and ACT to safe and reliable electricity. We’re a newly privatised company that’s taking a leading role in encouraging the connection of renewable generation. Would you like to help us connect Australia to a low carbon future?
We offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide are continually improving. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve, and bring different perspectives to different challenges.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day. For further information please contact our HR Business Partnering team on (02) 9620 0222 or visit www.transgrid.com.au/careers to view the position description and apply online.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Please note this is a 2 year fixed term role.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here .
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.