Aurecon provides world class engineering, management, advisory and specialist technical services to clients in New Zealand and internationally. An independent, employee owned company, Aurecon has staff in over 80 offices worldwide. We empower our people to make a difference through innovation and teamwork and our projects are widely recognised for engineering and technical excellence.
Our Auckland Rail Team has an opportunity for a Senior Permanent Way Designer to manage the track and civil design for projects at conceptual, preliminary and detailed design phases. Reporting to the Technical Director Rail and falling under our Global Rail and Mass Transit Service Line, this a great opportunity to be involved with the City Rail Link project.
· Management of the track design process including development of ballasted and non-ballasted track structures, track alignment, profile, grading and associated drainage, assessment of vehicle/infrastructure clearances.
· Track design as a pivotal role managing interdisciplinary liaison and integration to ensure delivery of project designs that are inclusive and consistent throughout all design disciplines.
· Preparation of design briefs, technical reports, design analysis and calculations, preparation of cost estimates, project specifications and construction bid/tender documents.
· Working with Project Managers developing design schedules and budgets.
· Conducting periodic trackwork inspections to ensure compliance with Quality Management, Safety and Environmental policies.
Your skills and experience:
· Preferably 10-15+ years’ experience in railway track engineering/design.
· A client centric focus and desire to deliver quality design solutions.
· A strong technical understanding of Class I Railway design for mainline, yards, industrial tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, special track work, ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage.
· Previous experience in heavy haul, freight, commuter and light rail transit projects.
· The ability to work independently.
· Preferred Software experience – MX Rail, Bentley Rail, MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
· Relevant qualifications.
This is a great opportunity to join an established, passionate and world class design team in a progressive global company that provides a strong foundation to develop your career and experience. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, accepts flexible work practices, thrives with diversity, promotes teamwork, encourages sustainability and offers attractive remuneration packages. To register your interest in this position, please click apply.