Do work that matters
You will actively partner with the Business Unit operational risk teams to optimise operational risk management and drive a One Risk team approach under our operating model. You will assist in the development and maintenance of an effective ORMF, and provide commercial, value-added advice on operational risk management to support Group/Business unit strategic objectives.
See yourself in our team
The Operational Risk team supports the Group’s vision through optimising operational risk management. We equip the business in its decision making and risk mitigation by providing operational risk and insurance advice, oversight, insights and tools. We hold ourselves accountable for maintaining an effective ORMF to support each Business Unit and the Group to achieve their strategic objectives.
On any given day you will
- Act as the relationship manager and key point of contact, proactively managing relationship management portfolio across the operational risk community
- Assist in optimising operational risk management and developing/maintaining an effective ORMF to support each business unit
- Contribute as an operational risk subject matter expert to the Operational Risk strategic initiatives to achieve an uplift in the capability and proficiency of our Line 1 and Line 2 resources across the group
- Undertake ORMF activities for the Group Operational Risk team, including Risk assessments and Controls testing
- Arrange and manage forums, workshops, working groups to facilitate knowledge sharing and communication across the group and contribute to benchmarking activities across the industry
- Execute various attestation processes to support board and senior management accountabilities
- Identify opportunities for productivity improvements to ensure processes are streamlined and efficient
- Analysis of RiskInSite (operational risk and compliance system) data to execute deep-dives into ORMF elements, areas of emerging risks and assessments of business unit maturity of the ORMF
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to complete periodic reviews and contribute to ad-hoc activities as requested/required
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within Operational Risk and beyond the wider CBA group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Are degree qualified in a financial, business, or risk management discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of Operational Risk knowledge and experience, preferably in the banking and finance sector including experience across Line 1, Line 2 and/or Line 3 roles
- Solid understanding of operational risk management principles, frameworks and generally accepted industry practices, including Basel II and AMA for Operational Risk, is an advantage
- Proven personal and interpersonal effectiveness in challenging, high-pressure environments
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills, including an ability to work with resistance
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts accurately and concisely
- Detailed understanding of the financial regulatory environment
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and sound business acumen
- Project Management – analysis, impact assessment and implementation
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.