- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- Senior Manager Business Credit Risk BOQ Specialist
- Sydney based – Full time permanent
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and have a collaborative team environment. You will be part of our Group Risk Division to provide leadership to, manage and direct the work flows of the Business Credit Risk team. This role also encompasses the successful balancing of service levels, operational effectiveness and efficiency, quality and retail risk exposures for BOQ as a whole. BOQ Specialist has been Australia’s leading financial services partner for medical, dental and veterinary professionals for over 25 years.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Manager Business Credit Risk to work alongside and in support of the Head of Credit for BOQ Specialist.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Undertaking a leadership role within the BOQS Credit department and leading and managing the Business Credit team.
- Reviewing applications in a high volume Specialist lending business, and operating within an assigned Delegated Approval Authority.
- Being involved in strategic planning and forecasting with the Head of Credit to ensure continuing effectiveness and significance of the Business Credit Risk department as support to the Bank’s business growth activities.
- Balancing the risk vs. return equation appropriately across the Bank’s lending portfolio.
- Ensuring that credit policies and processes are appropriate to organisational risk appetite and conducive to optimising business growth strategies.
- Monitoring of performance based statistics and frame-worked statistics in order to provide feedback on departmental results to the Head of Credit, BOQS and other Executives as required.
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of Business Credit Risk Managers and during the course of their activities and to the Bank’s network where appropriate.
- Actively contributing to sharing knowledge and experiences across boundaries and participating in Bank-wide projects.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Prior experiencing leading a team within a Group Risk function in a financial services institution
- Previous experience assessing complex retail lending applications whilst exercising a "higher" DAA.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- Post graduate qualifications in management will be highly desirable
- Omega Business Lending fundamentals will be advantageous
- Prior experience in an asset management or recoveries environment is highly desirable.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply?
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page, https://boq-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm.
Bank of Queensland is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply. Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.