We currently have an exciting opportunity for a driven and ambitious Senior Lawyer / Senior Associate to join a team of dynamic, highly experienced lawyers in our Taxation Practice Group, based in our Melbourne CBD office.
The Taxation Practice Group
Working closely with Niv Tadmore, you will be part of a practice group who provide a fully integrated service across the spectrum of taxation issues. The Melbourne Taxation team represent a strong client base, acting in high profile and high quality matters. It is part of our strong national Taxation Practice which serves high-end corporate and institutional clients. The matters you will be working on are varied and interesting and are some of the most significant tax disputes in Australia. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to develop and pursue your own area of interest.
For further information, please visit our Taxation showcase page on LinkedIn.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Solid foundational experience and skills in key tax technical concepts
- Solid training in key tax concepts
- Experience across a range of tax areas, including at least some of the following: direct, corporate, transactional, and international, and trusts
- Experience advising on complex tax issues
- Experience drafting advices, ruling applications and submissions
- Familiarity with key tax administration provisions
- Preferably experience providing tax technical advice in a dispute setting
- A passion for and experience in coaching, mentoring and supervising more junior lawyers;
- A strong client service focus and work ethic;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills - required for building client relationships and maintaining a positive team environment; and
- Enthusiasm, ambition and the energy to support a busy and growing tax practice with a strong collaborative nature.
As Australia's leading independent law firm, our culture has been built by innovative thinkers. They are the driving force behind our firm and if you choose to be part of the team your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
We're looking for individuals who will thrive under our spirit of independence. Dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within our collegiate culture. In return we will work to help build the career you've always wanted. Are you up for the challenge?
Why Clayton Utz?
As part of this innovative team you will be working across major national, government, and global clients. All the while collaborating with some of the sharpest legal minds in the industry. Clayton Utz has also been a powerful force in Australian pro bono practice, striving to deliver justice for those who need it and not just those who can afford it. In your time here you’ll be constantly surprised by the projects you get to work on and what you can accomplish.
Imagine what you could achieve at a top law firm that actually values independent thinking. A law firm who challenges the status quo.
Go on, challenge your expectations.
How to apply?
To submit your interest in this role, please click the 'Apply' button or contact Antony Kontellis on 02 9353 5431 for more information.
For more information on Clayton Utz, please visit www.claytonutz.com or follow us on [LinkedIn here](https://www.linkedin.com/company/9744?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tarId:1421650346540,tas:clayton utz,idx:2-1-4)
Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements.