CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We are currently seeking a Senior Indigenous and Social Inclusion Manager, to join the HR Team in CPB Contractor’s VIC/SA/TAS Business Unit. Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, and working closely with the Pre-Contracts Team, you will provide strategic direction and operational support in the area of social procurement and inclusion for tenders and projects.
This is a pivotal role for our business unit. We’re looking for someone who is not only passionate about diversity in the workplace; but also someone who has an ability to manage, and take ownership of all the areas this role encompasses. The Senior Indigenous and Social Inclusion Advisor is responsible for the design, implementation and review of all social inclusion programs and providing support to the Business Unit in order to achieve our indigenous and Social inclusion (I&SI) KPIs.
As our Senior Indigenous and Social Inclusion Manager, you will:
- Formulate the Social Procurement and Inclusion plan for the whole Business Unit (Vic, SA & Tas)
- Identify and establish key partnerships to support the plan
- Educate and support the Business Unit and projects to achieve our corporate targets across the indigenous, social inclusion and social procurement space
- Provide advice and guidance to bid teams regarding the social procurement and inclusion KPIs and requirements
- Responsible for designing and facilitating cultural awareness training to support social inclusion and diversity
- Implement annual I&SI calendar of events
- Write responses to returnable schedules as required for tenders
- Prepare monthly reports regarding social inclusion KPIs, tracking Business Unit progress
- Set up reporting mechanisms on projects to ensure they are able to meet their reporting requirements and KPIs
- Develop Social Procurement and Inclusion sustainability KPI’s for projects and programs to support these
- Support projects in the indigenous and social inclusion space from set up to close off
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Degree or post-secondary school training or TAFE certificate in Business Administration, Human Resources or other associated disciplines
- Ideally a minimum two years’ experience in a social procurement role, or similar
- Knowledge of current government policies and requirements in the construction industry and tender process highly desirable
- Exceptional relationship building, influencing and communication skills
- Advanced report writing kills
- Excellent time management skills
- An ability to work independently within a fast paced and changing environment
We’re looking for someone who has an ability to communicate & consult with a wide range of people, and who can switch gears quickly depending on what they’re working on. The successful individual will collaborate with different areas of our business unit with ease, and create strong working relationships.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.