- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your knowledge of Export/Trade Controls to this pivotal role and make a valuable contribution
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Senior Export Control and Compliance Officer to join our Williamstown, Victoria based team on a permanent and full time basis. Reporting to the Export Control Manager, you will apply and implement export control compliance obligations with all applicable export control laws and regulations. You will engage and build strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders and act as a delegate to the Export Control Manager when required.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Act as the primary point of contact for the business or project, providing advanced guidance on Export Control regulations and procedures, escalating unresolved matters to the Export Control Manager
- Contribute to the review of export control procedures and processes considering requirements of their area of responsibility, identifying inefficiencies or potential improvements
- Lead the formation and maintenance of export control licences and agreements
- Apply and obtain applications for import and export permits and monitor the conditions of permits ensuring the timely discharge of any reporting obligations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with export control compliance, develop strategies to mitigate them and manage the Export Control risk register
- Provide input into the planning of the annual audit program, track corrective actions and recommendations to completion and conduct and report lessons learnt
- Plan, conduct, progress and conclude export control investigations from capture to resolution
- Drive systems automation and process improvement to effectively manage export control requirements
- Contribute to the development and the delivery of export control training
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive export/import control compliance experience with regards to export control regimes or experience in a compliance role involving trade regulations
- Expertise in the application of export control/trade laws and regulations to business activities
- The ability to conduct investigations and risk base audits combined with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Whilst not essential, a University degree qualification in an appropriate discipline will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html