Put your innovative thinking, technical excellence and business skills into high gear. When you join a company that’s building a better world, your opportunities are unlimited. At AECOM, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. Every day our team is exploring new possibilities for a better world.
Cleaner transportation. Healthier environments. Resilient cities. Greener infrastructure.
Our environment team helps private and public sector clients in Sydney, Australia and around the world deliver for their stakeholders while achieving compliance, promoting resilience and reducing, or eliminating, impacts and risks to our communities and our natural environment
Reporting to the Workgroup Manager - Geosciences and Remediation Services, you will manage and contribute to contamination assessments and remediation projects of varying size and complexity. With an uncompromising commitment to health and safety, client service and technical excellence, you will be an experienced environmental engineer or scientist, at ease preparing reports, leading field work teams, liaising with subcontractors, communicating with clients, preparing tenders and promoting innovative solutions for your clients. You could be working on:
- Preliminary and Detailed Site Investigations
- Remedial Action Plans
- Site Validation Reports
- Waste Classifications
- Site supervision and contractor management
- Supporting our Accredited Auditors on a range of site audits in NSW, SA, VIC and WA.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as environmental science, engineering, geology, or earth science
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a consultancy environment, specifically contaminated land assessment and remediation
- Technically strong in preliminary and detailed site investigations for soil, vapour, and groundwater
- Experience in data management software (ESDAT / Equis) and preparation of environmental reports
- H&S training including: First Aid, NSW Construction Induction, and preferably 24 or 40 hr HAZWOPER
- Experience in site Audits and working as an Auditor’s assistant (preferred)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Environmental
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.