At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Maintenance Execution team at our operation in Port Hedland as a Senior Engineering Technician. Reporting to the Senior Area Coordinator, the successful person will play a key role in ensuring work is correctly prioritised and to a high standard for maintenance schedules and shutdown, as well as liaising with the Planning and Improvement team.
Offered as a residential role on either a 5x2 4x3 or 8x6 roster, the appointed person will:
- Promote safe working conditions and practices for themselves and others, leading by example
- Ensure planned and unplanned work is prioritised correctly for weekly maintenance schedules and planned shutdown activities
- Oversee execution of mechanical activities from an equipment and work management perspective is carried out to the highest standard
- Identify and resolve maintenance issues, while assessing potential impacts to personnel safety, plant and equipment
- Collaborate with Planning and A&I, operational, maintenance and integrated planning to develop daily, weekly and monthly plans
- Conducting workplace area inspections and quality assurance audits
- Provide technical support to the Maintenance Department
- Develop and improve cost effective short and long-term maintenance strategies in partnership with other relevant areas
- Write, review and update work procedures, inspection sheets and quality assurance documents
LocationThis position will be offered to the successful candidate as a working and residing in Port Hedland arrangement. You have the opportunity to join a vibrant, 15,000-strong population who enjoy well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. Port Hedland offers a range of excellent sporting and leisure amenities including a newly built aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Nature lovers will appreciate being surrounded by beaches and mangroves, which are home to an abundance of fish and native wildlife. You will find yourself within easy distance to spectacular Broome, as well as the Karratha and Karijini National Parks.
We will provide you with subsidised rental accommodation (company housing) and utilities (power and water). The successful candidate will also be provided with a comprehensive relocation package to ensure a smooth transition into Port Hedland life.
- A strong safety focus while working in a dynamic environment
- Technically minded with proven experience working with and interpreting scopes of work from photographs and drawings (task planning)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan and execute required maintenance activities including materials, methodology, technical specifications, labour requirements and specialised services
- Highly computer literate, with the ability to utilise multiple platforms concurrently to create and interpret scopes of work and analyse trends
- Able to quickly form trusted relationships with stakeholders across multiple areas the operation to drive outcomes
- A proactive, motivated problem solver who enjoys working to timelines
- A trade qualification would be highly regarded
- Experience in execution, project management or planning would be highly advantageous
- Valid Australian C class (manual) driver’s license required
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Job Reference 68898 #LIWAPlease note that shortlisting and interviews may commence prior to advertising close on the 18th of October 2018