Why Work with Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are a seeking experienced and qualified Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our team of highly accomplished Maritime team. You will be involved in works across Naval Platforms for Defence and commercial projects based out of Garden Island, Sydney.
Provide Electrical Design and Engineering Support as part of a very proactive, dynamic and professional team.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering (eligible for Chartered Membership with Engineers Australia).
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a marine industry (defence and/or commercial).
- Proven experience in naval electrical and automation systems design.
- Experience in providing design leadership in complex tasks.
- Able to obtain and maintain Engineering Authority as a Senior Designer.
- Experience with technical shipbuilding rules and regulations (military and commercial).
- Strong background in management of design lifecycle process, systems and safety engineering.
- Sound knowledge of technical and safety requirements.
- Experience in Risk Management.
- Experience in producing Engineering Assessments, High and Low-Level Designs, Integration Documentation, Test Procedures and Reports.
- Able to provide Engineering Support during installation and commissioning.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and able to promote positive team morale and relationships based on trust and collaboration
- Ability to adapt and work as part of a multidisciplinary team or independently.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders (internal and external customers).
- Ability to deliver results in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience using engineering tools ETAP, AutoCAD Electrical, Jira, DOORS, etc. as well as MSOffice.
- Able to gain and maintain Australian Baseline Security clearance.
Australian Citizenship is essential to be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.