Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure & Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers cloud services. Datacenter Technicians will perform key roles delivering core infrastructure & foundational technologies for Microsoft's online businesses.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
With environmental sustainability and Datacenter optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in MCIO as part of our Global Datacenter Operations Group.
As a successful Senior Datacenter Technician, your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Building strong working relationships with customers
- Understanding overall ticket management process
- Performing power cycles, swap out failed components, handle storage media, and perform troubleshooting
- Performing cable installations, hardware rack / stack installations, testing, and troubleshooting using standard datacenter processes
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
- May be asked to perform tactical management tasks such as prioritizing ticketing queues, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities
- Supporting the deployment of on-site DC physical infrastructure including Servers, NetDevices, SANs, Windows Server OS Support, Parts/Component replacement and physical hardware troubleshooting
- Pull required inventory as defined by inventory process with accuracy
- As required, assist Datacenter Inventory and Asset Management Team with shipping/receiving and inventory management to address high work volumes
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Technical College degree in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA, Microsoft, Network Certifications
- Basic working knowledge of CE infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
- Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge
- Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include weekends and/or holidays
- Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of Australian Citizenship to meet government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.