- Sydney CBD location
- High profile project
- Work with a great team
The RBA’s Information Technology department anchors the RBA's strategic responsibilities and is the core provider of technology facilities, services and support to the organisation. This role will be part of our operations team looking after and implementing and supporting reliable, secure, high performance database management systems for the Bank's business applications.
As the Senior Database Administrator you will be installing and configuring database systems, patches and upgrades while also designing and implementing new databases and associated objects. Additionally your day will consist of:
- Monitoring and reporting on database service availability.
- Managing the development, testing and production database environments.
- Managing and conducting all aspects of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning of databases.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining database security controls.
- Liaising with application users to confirm requirements for system, backup and other requirements.
- Developing policies and procedures governing corporate database operations and related issues.
- Continuous improvement of work practices to automate and reduce support practices.
- Leading small projects, training and supervising junior staff, coordinating the efforts of users and other groups.
- Undertaking research including evaluation of new or upgraded software, tools and techniques.
- Writing documentation and provide progress reports to management.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience working in a database administration role in a medium to large organisation.
- Graduate qualifications relevant to the banking or IT industries.
- Strong technical knowledge including an advanced understanding of database concepts.
- Obtained and maintained industry certifications including Microsoft SQL server and Oracle Database.
- Proven history of keeping abreast of industry developments and best practices.
- An ability to work independently and accurately while meeting deadlines and a continuous process focus.
Employment will be offered under a fixed term employment arrangement.
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Those who are involved in the activities of the Bank have an important role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting role.
Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.