About the role:
There’s no other communications company in Australia that has the range of opportunities on offer like at Telstra! We are a company that shapes the world of tomorrow through technology, join the team and further your career in more ways than you can imagine.
The Cyber Security Operations team’s mission is to protect the privacy and security of Telstra’s customers, Telstra itself and the services we provide, and to play a leading role in shaping the overall cyber security landscape.
We're working hard to become a world-class technology & service organisation and are looking for a committed Senior Cyber Response Expert to join our Cyber Response Team.
Telstra Cyber Response Team is tasked with the end to end investigation of network and information security incidents impacting Telstra, and also providing forensic services to our enterprise customers. Cyber Response provides a timely response to any event that harms or threatens to cause harm to the confidentiality, integrity or availability of Telstra's networks and related services.
In this role as the Senior Cyber Response Expert, you will provide a response to network and information security incidents such as malicious code, unauthorised access, information disclosure, inappropriate usage and, system compromise. This role requires you to have an inquisitive nature and deep knowledge and ability to analyse both network and host based data for evidence of unauthorised or unwanted activity. You will also ensure that Information and Network Security incidents are handled with urgency and attention to detail to provide assurance that the confidentiality and privacy of Telstra data is maintained.
Your key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate responses to security incidents in a timely manner.
- Identify areas of gap and recommend appropriate security controls \ solutions to implement.
- Work with various teams across the organisation to improve security posture.
- Follow and contribute to the maintenance of incident response plans
- Ensuring data gathered and reported is accurate and legally admissible from an evidence collection standpoint.
- Maintain a network of similarly minded and skilled professionals
- Perform on call duties as per the team roster.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the team via documentation of processes.
- Provide Technical Leadership and be an escalation point for complex incident investigation
- Mentoring of staff in incident response management
- People leadership
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Expert level experience in security incident response and familiar with incident response tools
- Strong knowledge and competence with Linux command line
- Proven ability to apply Web application vulnerability and configuration knowledge to intelligence in order to determine the risk associated with an incident.
- Ability to performance log, host and network analysis for indicators of compromise
- Ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders
- Advanced experience or knowledge with Scripting / Programming
- Expert knowledge of Web application security practices
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced Research and Investigation skills
- Extensive knowledge of social engineering techniques and practices
- A background of investigations and knowledge of electronic crime law would be of benefit.
In return for all your hard work within this role, you will be given exposure to a wide variety of career pathways within Telstra, with plenty of scope for learning and development. If this role fits with your career goals and experience, click apply now!
Benefits and Career Path:
Working for the most successful Telco Company in Australia also brings with it some great benefits, including: Working with the top IT Specialists in the APAC Region who provide support and mentoring, Substantial discounts on a range of Telstra products (including FOXTEL), Financial benefits such as Telstra Share Options, Great Salary Packaging Options and discounts on various retail, health and fitness and entertainment areas, Excellent work/life balance that allows you to have an excellent divide of personal needs and work commitments and performance bonuses*. Check out our website for more information and testimonials from our Employees.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit https://careers.telstra.com/allrolesflex