- Exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate, Group Regulatory Reporting to join a high performing team
- Key operational management role within the Regulatory Reporting Partnering & Control Team
- Permanent role based in Melbourne
Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. We know that to be Australia and New Zealand’s most respected bank, we need to be more than good with money. We need to be just as good with people, too.
We strive to embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
So what is the role all about?
The Senior Associate Group Regulatory Reporting role, is a key operational management role within the Regulatory Reporting Partnering & Control Team, responsible for ensuring that the process(es) under their responsibility is executed within required performance parameters. This is achieved by directing the day-to-day work of individual contributors / Accenture Offshore who are assigned from relevant capability pools, as well as personally providing hands on support and quality assurance to ensure the work is reliably delivered.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Associate is accountable for process performance. Targets for these are assigned each performance period by the Services, whose aim is to achieve optimal end-to-end process and service outcomes across Regulatory Reporting for stakeholders in terms of timeliness and data quality. In executing their responsibilities, the Senior Associate is responsible for:
- Working with the Regulatory Reporting Manager as relevant to develop plans to achieve optimal end-to-end service / process outcomes in each performance period;
- Ensuring the process is documented and understood in detail, including upstream and downstream impacts and implications, and that staff (including Accenture Bangalore) have enough information on how to execute the process;
- Putting in place robust operational management practices to allow the efficient execution of processes, forecasting of resource requirements, continuous improvement of process performance / efficiency and everyday management of operational risk;
- Managing resources to ensure the process(es) under their control are executed reliably within expected performance bands, including ensuring new or inexperienced staff are trained in how to execute the process within required quality standards;
- Provide fact based performance feedback to the Regulatory Reporting Manager of people under their day-to-day direction regarding the proficiency of assigned staff (for development purposes) and their performance on the job (outcomes and behaviours);
- Preparing any management reporting as required by the Regulatory Reporting Manager, or Head of Regulatory Reporting.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills & experience:
- Financial, Business or Commercial Degree (Post Graduate preferred)
- CPA or ACA
- 8-10 years’ experience with a verifiable track record of high achievement in a Financial Reporting environment
The following capabilities are essential to be successful in the role:
- Delivering Results
- Business Acumen
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Personal Resilience
At NAB, we provide access to a large number of exclusive employee benefits that will support you both personally and professionally. These include volunteer leave, education and learning benefits and banking & financial services discounts for example. Visit our benefits page for more information http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
How to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your risk career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 11 Oct 2018 4:30 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Oct 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time