Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
Alcoa is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic team Member to join our Global Program & Commodity Management (PCM) team as a permanent, fulltime Senior Commodity Specialist based at Alcoa’s Australian corporate office in Booragoon, Western Australia. You will report to one of the Commodity Group Managers (CGM) who manage teams with clearly defined commodity and category portfolios. Led by the CGM each team is responsible for managing all aspects of Alcoa’s Indirect Materials and Services (including Facility Services, Mechanical/Electrical, Access/Scaffolding, Industrial Cleaning, Civil Services, MRO, Production Support, Refractories, and Indirect Chemicals & Coatings) to Alcoa’s operations (Bauxite, Alumina & Aluminium).
As the Senior Commodity Specialist, you will be working with and supporting the overall leadership of the Indirect Commodity Management team which includes the successful development, implementation, execution, and compliance to the assigned high impact/critical and high value commodity portfolio/s (and categories), including the development and implementation of those global commodity/category strategies, contracts, performance metrics, processes, and policies.
In this role, you will be required to develop and implement (with key stakeholders) both global and regional commodity/category management strategies and sourcing plans, total cost of ownership models, and value chain solutions and performance for the full range of commodities associated with the provision of Indirect Materials and Services in Australia.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have strong category management experience, ability to develop and maintain strong influential relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, along with well-developed negotiating, analytical, verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
You will be an experienced procurement professional with substantive skills and expertise in a similar role. You will be able to identify and drive business opportunities and process improvements to deliver Alcoa’s business goals.
- Tertiary qualified with a Bachelor degree in Strategic Procurement, Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or equivalent in a related field is required. Advanced degree (MBA or similar) is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering global/regional category strategies in the Mining and Resources industry or similar.
- Min 5 years’ experience in a Senior Category Management or Specialist role e.g. Category/Contract Specialist, Procurement Specialist (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated leadership, and ability to communicate and influence key stakeholders.
- Multiple language knowledge and multiple country experience is beneficial.
About where you will work
Alcoa of Australia’s head office is located in Booragoon, approximately 15 kilometres south of Perth’s central business district. Approximately 150 employees provide corporate services, including finance, procurement, information technology, environmental management and corporate affairs, to Alcoa’s businesses locally and world-wide.
Tuesday, 29th January 2019
Thursday, 28th February 2019
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa of Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,300 people in Western Australia (WA) and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 16 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), and Alcoa of Australia’s Chairman and Managing Director Michael Parker is a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 50 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa of Australia’s total annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.