About the Role
To assist with the development of high-quality commercial and financial advice and asset management strategies which have a positive impact to AGL’s Origination team within the wider Wholesale Markets team. The role will provide support to the origination and contract management function of the various fuels portfolios including the sale and purchase of fuels being electricity, gas and environmental products.
The Senior Commercial Advisor will have a working knowledge of the relevant fuels industry and related energy business development opportunities, including infrastructure developments and assessment of sales products that benefit the relevant fuel portfolio.
The Senior Commercial Advisor will assist in preparation of advice regarding strategic, economic, commercial, financial and management issues relating to all aspects of existing contracts of the relevant Wholesale Sales portfolio as well as new opportunities including investment in energy assets and companies and provide wide-ranging advisory support to support fuel supply purchase and sale decisions. The Senior Commercial Advisor will support all commercial negotiations within the relevant fuels stream, and will be expected to lead, innovate and originate their own value creating transactions.
- With Manager, Wholesale Sales assist the Wholesale Sales team to actively manage assets and businesses within AGL’s Wholesale Markets portfolio with the dual objectives of optimising short to medium term financial performance and enhancing long-term value.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with wholesale markets customers to develop products and originate transactions.
- Work closely with members of the relevant fuels team and assist in with Fuel Supply Origination and Development, helping to originate innovative fuel supply deals to structure transactions with producers whilst collaborating with other members within AGL’s broader team to develop channel to market options and timing for fuel product development.
- Be responsible for building contract administration capability by working closely with fuel team members to build a wealth of knowledge on key aspects of the contracts of the existing fuel portfolio.
- Contribute to the collation and presentation of portfolio information to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ability to build and manage relationships (internal/external) at all levels
- Ability to develop strategies to balance risk/return
- Ability to understand complex analytical concepts
- Ability to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiations skills
- A demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes
- Outstanding knowledge and experience in energy trading and risk management
- Outstanding knowledge of the energy industry in particular the electricity market
- Negotiation, contract development and contract management experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification, such as a degree in commerce, engineering, law or other relevant degree.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call (Edith Chan and 03 8633 6575).