About the Role
To assist with the development of high-quality commercial advice and to support negotiation of both long term and short term structured commercial agreements for electricity derivatives and renewable energy agreements, including power purchase agreements, which create or maintain value in the Wholesale Markets portfolio.
The Senior Commercial Advisor will also contribute to building a working knowledge of the Power & Environmental market and related business development opportunities, including investment and development opportunities and assessment of supply options that benefit the Power & Environmental portfolio.
The Senior Commercial Advisor will assist in preparation of advice and presentations regarding strategic, economic, commercial, financial and management issues relating to all aspects of existing and potential new contracts for the power and renewables portfolio as well as new opportunities including investment in energy assets and companies, and provide wide-ranging commercial advisory support.
- Assist the Power and Environmental Origination team to actively manage existing power and renewable energy contracts within AGL’s Wholesale Markets portfolio with the dual objectives of optimising short to medium term financial performance and enhancing long-term value.
- Work closely with members of the Energy Supply & Origination team and assist with development of new opportunities for structured contracts and asset development for power and renewable energy.
- Contribute to the contract administration capability by working closely with other Energy Supply & Origination members to build a wealth of knowledge on key aspects of the contracts of the existing portfolio.
- Contribute to the collation and presentation of portfolio information to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ability to build and manage relationships (internal/external) at all levels
- Ability to develop strategies to balance risk/return and lower procurement costs
- Ability to understand complex analytical concepts
- Ability to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiations skills
- A demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes
- Outstanding knowledge and experience in energy trading and risk management Outstanding knowledge of the energy industry
- Negotiation, contract development and contract management experience Relevant tertiary qualification, such as a degree in commerce, engineering, law or other relevant degree. Post graduate qualifications such as MBA will be highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call (Edith Chan and 03 8633 6575).