Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Salary:$92,189.00 - $98,636.00 per annum
EM Volunteerism & Cmty Resilience
STATE EM SRV
SES STATE COORDINATION UNIT
Midnight Thursday 16 August 2018
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service (SES), QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Capability Officer will manage and coordinate service providers to enable effective communications and systems support for the deployment of the SES’s operational services to 6,000 plus emergency service volunteers across the State. The role will play a critical role during disaster events/emergency operations to ensure that critical systems remain functional.
- It is expected that the incumbent will participate in an out of hours on call roster during emergency operations. This may require work outside of normal hours (e.g. night shift), including weekends, working extended hours and may include deployment to other parts of the State.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Oversight and coordinate the activities of the SES’s service providers, including system support, maintenance and training, for the successful delivery of SES operations.
- Be the central reference point of contact for SES’s critical operational systems including the investigation of complaints, the development of risk profiles and/or vulnerabilities and options for the resolution of service delivery issues.
- Build and maintain partnerships with contractors and vendors to coordinate and implement service delivery activities for specific events including the crafting of public messaging and call-centre scripting.
- Monitor and conduct regular audits of system performance to ensure the integrity of operational tasking data, as well as service provider performance through analysis of activity reports, to provide recommendations on operational and process improvements to enhance SES tasking, operational/system activities and/or vendor/contractor relationships.
- Identify and research issues impacting operational service delivery that support SES, collaborating with all stakeholders for the resolution of technical issues and/or development of approved new initiatives including new channels of delivery.
- Interpret contract conditions and governance responsibilities to ensure vendor/contracted services provided meet service-level agreement requirements and KPIs, including customer satisfaction targets.
- Administer and monitor the SES financial budget, identifying and rectifying anomalies in billing, for the production of budget reports.
- Liaise and consult with stakeholders including representatives from local governments and regional entities to identify and prepare key messages, across different channels (mobile, web and phone), addressing issues and represent SES at work groups and stakeholder meetings.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioral competencies Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Workforce Capability Success Profile Category– Individual contributor
Performance through Vision
- Understands how their work aligns to organisational objectives
- Acts proactively
- Responds flexibly to change
- Focuses on customers
- Seeks continuous improvement
Performance through Results
- Focuses on performance
- Manages internal and external relationships
- Supports others’ capability development
- Gives constructive feedback
Performance through Accountability
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays rigour in analysis
- Applies specialist knowledge and skills
- Commits to personal development
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Andrew Kelly, Executive Manager on phone 3635 3783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.