- Opportunity for a Senior Finance Associate to join Finance
- Showcase your proven financial analysis and reporting expertise
- 12 month fixed term contract
For more than 150 years, we've been helping our customers with their money. Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. We have built our business on understanding our customers and supporting them. We aim to take the hard work out of banking.
As Australia's largest business bank, we work with small, medium and large businesses to help them start, run and grow. We fund some of the most important infrastructure in our communities – including schools, hospitals and roads. And we do it in a way that's responsible, inclusive and innovative.
More than money
We know that to be Australia and New Zealand's most respected bank, we need to be good with money. And we need to be just as good with people, too.
About the role
Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Senior Finance Associate to produce and provide commercial financial insight, analysis and recommendations in order to drive and improve business performance, to the Business and/or to Finance functions including performance & planning, financial reporting/control and finance business partners depending on business requirements. It will be your remit to embed the capability model to drive consistency in process, support actions to increase engagement and motivation, and deliver to multiple stakeholders to support and enable members in the team to rotate across various businesses across our product and distribution channels.
In this pivotal and exciting role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide detailed financial analysis to enable finance partners to provide commercial and financial advice, on both strategic & operational initiatives to the Business.
- Assist in the production of financial and non-financial results, performance drivers, scenarios and recommended action plans in order improve Business performance/assist in Business decision making
- Provide insight and analysis on change initiatives, financial implications, resourcing commitment and delivery dates to enable finance to maximise change agenda benefits/value to the organisation.
- Provide input into the Strategic and Operation Plan to ensure Business commitments and objectives are met through an understanding of Business conditions and Group requirements.
- Assess, analyse, and investigate aspects of financial reporting, including understanding of variances to Business plan/expectations in order to ensure accurate reporting and the production of Business financial insight for potential drivers of variances.
Skills and experience
You will be customer focused, outcome driven and be inquisitive by nature. Your demonstrated experience working in a similar Senior Finance Analyst role in a large matrix organisation, ideally within Financial Services sector along with previous experience working in a Professional Accounting firm will ensure your success in this position. You will have a deep understanding of financial management and highly evolved expertise in financial analysis, management reporting & analytics; in addition you will have a solid understanding of expense and revenue drivers. You will be proven capabilities in driving continuous improvement initiatives to uplift business performance and support decision making. A relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Finance coupled with a post graduate qualification (CA / CPA) is required for this role.
We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
At NAB, we provide access to a large number of exclusive employee benefits that will support you both personally and professionally. These include volunteer leave, education and learning benefits and banking & financial services discounts for example. Visit our benefits page for more information http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
How to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time