- Newly created permanent opportunity
- Provide investment recommendations for the microcap portfolio
- Collaborate with analysts from a number of sectors when issues arise
AustralianSuper is for all Australians and businesses; we help invest members’ money to create the best possible retirement outcome. More than 2.1 million members trust us to invest more than $120 billion on their behalf. Our size has given us the ability to leverage significant investment opportunities for long term performance and lower fees that are passed onto our members.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
Here’s where you come in…
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking a Senior Analyst, Microcaps to provide investment recommendations for the microcaps portfolio. This role will be heavily research focused and will involve significant interaction with the broader internal equities team.
Key responsibilities include…
- Participating in team portfolio meetings by contributing to the discussions on portfolio composition.
- Working with other analysts when investment issues and themes arise which impact a number of sectors.
- Maintain all relevant inputs required for the team’s quantitative databases.
- Conduct fundamental analysis of the companies in the designated sectors and build valuation models to be used in the investment decision making process.
- Analysis and monitoring, including industrial and strategic analysis relevant to the domestic sector and international peer analysis and relevant sector analysis.
- Using the DCF model evaluation method or other valuation metrics if they are considered more relevant for the company in question.
- Undertaking fundamental industry analysis by meeting with:
- Senior management and Boards of the relevant companies
- Other industry participants, including competitors, suppliers, clients and regulators
- Other industry analysts including from broking, consulting and academia
- Attending industry related conferences.
- Acting as a principal contact for corporate engagement and assisting with issues relating to corporate actions and corporate stewardship.
Qualifications in Finance or related field, Masters in Finance or CFA (or similar). Extensive experience as an analyst in the domestic market (listed or unlisted). Proven experience in financial modelling, and strategic and industry analysis. Experience in building and maintaining valuation models from the source accounting statements. And strong written and verbal communication skills with the confidence and initiative to proactively identify issues.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now! Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate.