About the role
As the Director, Regional Security Lead for Australia, you’ll provide consultative security services to help clients protect their information, critical infrastructures, applications, and key business processes against cyber threats. As an established security leader, you will support the sales team in driving new business initiatives and innovations to increase our position within the Australian market. You not only understand security and risk management, and the impact it has on business, you’re able to devise solutions to enable compliance and appropriate risk mitigation for clients.
Within the role, you’ll drive security discussions to complement solutions in progress, support awareness on security opportunities within existing offerings (identity, network, etc.) and increase presence of security services in future solution plans. After completing deals in partnership with sales, you’ll direct collective efforts to accomplish strategic goals for clients, translating high-level strategies into more localized strategies for the delivery team.
Day-to-day you will:
- Interact with and provide guidance to existing and potential clients, as well as sales team members, to alleviate issues relating to security and risk management, including upselling other opportunities to include security
- Identify and assess complex security problems for both potential and existing clients, ensuring alignment with Accenture Security, including establishing indirect pipeline
- Set strategic direction to establish near-term and long-term goals for security across region
- Program manage and solution support security transformation and security implementation programs
- Participate in business case development with clients’ to support justification for security program investment
- Travel as dictated by business needs.
You are an accomplished security leader with a passion for information security technology and a strong background in sales and management. You’re adept at identifying, providing and validating security requirements of IT solutions (design and implementation), within in a consulting environment. You are well-informed of industry trends around cybersecurity, risk and threat intelligence, and governance.
Your background and skillset likely include:
- Experience in both methodology and identification tools for risks and security threats
- Subject matter expertise and domain knowledge for key frameworks, including but not limited to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Proven implementation of cloud security models, particularly identity, network, and encryption, as well as operating systems, database platforms, web technologies, firewalls and programming languages
- Capacity to effectively convey security risks to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with the provision of advisory services in large scale technology projects working effectively with clients and partners across all levels
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft security technologies and strategy.
You likely have 10-12 years of experience in security, IT and/or sales, as well as at least three years in a senior management role managing sales within a highly technical business unit or organization. You should also have at least three years of experience in relevant security delivery and/or architecture. Your education likely includes a university degree and potentially an advanced degree. Preferred candidates also have industry understanding Financial Services and/or Health and Public Services.
Requisition ID - 48109
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.