As a leading international law firm, MinterEllison offers a full range of legal services to an impressive list of clients across Australia, in Asia and globally. We work on interesting, challenging and innovative legal issues and clients trust us with their largest and most complex transactions.
Legal secretaries and administrators are valued and respected at MinterEllison – you provide vital support to our legal staff and contribute to our success as a leading professional services firm. We are a friendly and supportive team that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our firm's reputation in the marketplace.
We are focussed on collaborating, innovating and inspiring each other and our clients. We understand that the high standards we set ourselves in a top tier law firm means that we are constantly challenged to deliver our best and excel. It involves managing multiple stakeholders and working collaboratively across offices, countries and time zones.
We take pride in being our clients' best partner, and enjoy working within teams of professionals who share their knowledge, respect our values and support each other to achieve our collective goals.
Our Corporate M&A team
Our Mergers and Acquisitions team acts for an expansive client base of international and Australian clients for the full spectrum of merger and acquisitions transactions spanning private and public markets.
As Asia Pacific’s largest law firm, we have the ability to speedily assemble a mergers and acquisitions transaction team with the depth of resources required to implement transactions efficiently, including those with cross border operations.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary with a desire to provide a high level of administrative support to a busy and successful team. In this position you will work closely with and provide a full range of legal secretarial support to senior lawyers and paralegals.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- document preparation (including the use of precedents) and amendments
- proactive diary management and coordination of travel arrangements
- answering calls and monitoring emails
- file management including opening and closing files, electronic and physical filing
- end of month billing and reporting
- digital dictation
- reconciliation of expenses
- general administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying
- other ad hoc duties as required
What you need
To be successful in this role, you will need strong organisational skills as well as a high level of initiative and enthusiasm. In addition to this, you will possess the following attributes:
- strong understanding of software applications including Word, Excel, practice management and other technology systems
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to manage multiple tasks and manage deadlines
- team focused with the ability to inspire confidence and motivate other group members
- excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate at all levels
- self-motivated with a high level of initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- a strong client focus and demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with peers and clients
- resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own
- pride in your work and who you work for
What we offer
MinterEllison people are caring, high-achieving and supportive of each other both at work and outside of it. You'll enjoy being able to call on a network of business support resources for assistance, and have the flexibility you need to engage effectively with your work, your colleagues and any further study you may be undertaking. We also offer a wide range of accessible in-house learning programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other soft skill courses around communication and time management.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Brittany Cook on +61 2 9921 4249 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.