Who is Schindler?
Schindler Lifts Australia is a part of the Schindler Group, one of the top elevator companies in the world, spanning over 100 countries with more than 58,000 employees worldwide. We are one of the largest suppliers of new escalators, elevators and moving walkways in Australia today and employ 1000 employees across Australia who design, install, service and modernise urban transport systems for almost every building type. At Schindler we differentiate ourselves with our modern technology and innovative people.
What is the role?
Our Sales business is currently explanding and we are taking on new projects regularly, therefore we are seeking a switched on individual to help provide administration and tendering support for the team. Reporting to the NSW Sales Manager for New Installation and Modernisations, this role is a great opportunity for an individual seeking to develop into a technical sales representative.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing tenders and product configurations in the Sales database
- Ensuring tenders meet internal specifications and customer requirements
- Working with sales team to manage deadlines for tender submissions
- Assisting with order processing and preparation of project handover files
- Providing technical product information to both internal & external client groups
- Liaising with key stakeholders & clients to ensure a high level of customer service is provided
What we are looking for?
To be considered for this role you will need to have at least three (3) years previous experience in a sales adminstration role, ideally with a technical product, together with:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn or previous experience in interpreting technical drawings and specifications and then communicating to stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a successful team
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and organisational skills
- High level of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
We would also consider recent graduates who are looking to grow and develop within our business.
What's in it for you? This role is an excellent opportunity for you to expand your current skills and develop your sales career. There is potential for real growth both personally and professionally in this role where you will get the opportunity to work with a great bunch of people and be supported in your development.
At Schindler we have a great culture where everyone is very supportive and social. We work hard but we also like to play. Package includes a great annual salary, company bonus structure, opportunity to access educational support, access to staff discount scheme, a wide variety of social activities - even a day off for your birthday.
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces; women, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background or a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment agents for any position, this includes those that are submitted directly to the company or where the recruiter has contacted a manager.