What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else.   This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what human’s dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Sales Excellence Manager is a business and team leader acting as the COO of the Services business, engaged as a trusted advisor to the Enterprise Services Leader, Sales Team, Customers and Partners.   It is a critical role that looks left-to-right across the business, calling risk and upside, stewarding culture and business transformation, running the business, delivering execution excellence, assisting to accelerate the close of deals and driving sustainable business discipline with Services sales managers.
Sales Excellence is an essential function, designed to drive operational excellence in sales management and accelerate business performance through effective program management.
The Sales Excellence Manager lands and measures the plan, focuses on systems, tools, organizational issues, financial and communication processes that affect operations and programs within the entire organization. The Sales Excellence Manager focuses on:
Stewarding culture and business transformation
• Provide and drive action from insights to the Segment Leadership team, leveraging the Seller Pulse that will help remove selling-time roadblocks, increase seller capability and effectiveness
• Advise sales management on becoming more effective coaches to their team, resulting in increased individual and team capability
• Leading segment change in Global Sales Transformation
Leading/Running the Business
• During business reviews coach and advise on sales motions/strategies for intentionally selling.   Drive awareness of service offerings needed to meet targets, generate new business and accelerate the close of existing opportunities
• Establish and drive a well-defined, predictable business planning and rhythm of the business (ROB), well-understood by the Segment Leadership Team that enforce great discipline in sales processes and consumption processes and delivers over-achievement of business results through core sales and consumption motions
Coaching for Growth
• Obtain first-hand insights on customer/partner issues and aspirations through targeted customer /partner engagements (e.g., customer visits, EBCs, executive business reviews, executive sponsor to core set of strategic accounts and/or deals, etc.)
• Leverage business insights and transformational leading indicators (TLIs) to benchmark performance and define actions to drive the right role-specific behaviors needed to grow the business faster than the overall market.
• Build a high performing team . Elevate personal skills and increase the capability of others.
• Leverage GSMO sales operations business analytics capabilities to drive efficiency and effectiveness in the business and a One Microsoft view
• Prioritization & Simplification - Implementing three core processes and associated operational infrastructure in support of Opportunity Management (account planning), Relationship Management (MSP sales process, discipline around pipeline/forecast management), and Business Management (ROB). Enabling, measuring , reporting and increasing sales productivity. Drive continued improvements in sales capabilities; including individual capabilities, effective opportunity prioritization, efficient teaming, and strategic selling, all resulting in improved resource optimization.   Help the teams simplify and bring structure to our business.
• strategic and trusted advisor to segment leadership and sales management, driving and instilling process discipline, adherence to standards and yielding   excellence in execution, holding each role accountable to quality and accuracy
• Drive quality completion of Account Planning, Opportunity Management, Business Management, Quota Retirement planning —always   Inspecting for Quality.
• Forecast Accuracy– Support implementing a pipeline/forecasting process to improve Services management/ manage monthly accountability and accuracy within xx% to budget. Leverage WW GSMO Pipeline/Forecasting Process and Tools where available.
• One Microsoft – Ensure corporate and subsidiary met or exceed quality standards for growth planning, account planning, pipeline management, and business management. Conduit position as a center of intelligence, funnelling information from the subsidiary to corporate and vice versa.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Global Sales Transformation Management - Plays trusted advisor and business partner to Services Sales Managers through growth analysis, seller, manager & leader reporting and scorecard management
Relationship Management - Ensures quality plans and processes are in place that drive account/partner planning, customer segmentation, and account transitions
Opportunity Management - Takes action based on insights from internal execution; Includes pipeline management, win/loss management, renewals management, leads management and forecasting
Program Management - Strives for excellence in project and process based work esp. simplification process without compromising outcomes;   Examples of programs the Services SEM may work on include GST landing, Consumption, Partner Planning, Scenario-based analytics or CIF/BIF management
Business Intelligence - Through measurement and metrics, the B&SO provides increased transparency and integration across all group
Who We Are Looking For
3-8 years related experience
Skills & Knowledge
History of driving rigor and sales discipline
Experience within Sales Excellence, Business Planning, Sales operations and/or Finance
Focuses on providing process optimization by understanding the desired business outcome
Delivers end-to-end deep data analysis & “light ups” actionable strategic insights
Innovates to deliver standards which enable speed, efficiency and scale in the business
Deep knowledge on business process, sales operations, and execution
Familiar with financials, pipeline, scorecarding, and other internal measurement tools
Proven communication and collaboration skills
Functional (Partner, Services, Sales, Marketing) knowledge preferred
Bachelors degree (B.S./B.A) required and/or experience in relevant fields eg: business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!