AECOM’s Victoria and South Australia (VSA) Regional team has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Safety, Health & Environment Advisor to join our business. Based in our Melbourne office, this role will see you supporting the Regional SHE Manager, driving compliance and continuous improvement, ensuring a strong culture of SHE Excellence is upheld throughout the region.
As an active member of our SHE Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of health and safety programs and initiatives, supporting projects within our offices across the region.
This is a hands-on role, which will see you participating in both office and field-based work, with the opportunity to travel across the region when required.
As part of this role your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting internal safety management system audits;
- Participating in external systems audits;
- Coordinating and maintaining the tools of AECOM’s SHE Program;
- Facilitating monthly SHE committee meetings;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly safety performance reports;
- Maintaining AECOMs subcontractor pre-qualification process.
- 2-5 years’ relevant professional experience;
- Experience working in a consulting environment – highly regarded;
- Engineering, Construction, Oil + Gas and/or Mining experience – advantageous;
- Experience in developing and/or implementing new health and safety procedures, programs or initiatives.
This role is ideal for a professional with 2-5 years’ experience who is looking for an opportunity expand their skills and knowledge, working in a Global Organisation with industry specialists.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Safety/Health/Environment;
- Other health and safety training will be highly regarded (Incident investigation, health and safety auditing, return to work coordination, trainer and assessor.)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Safety / Health
*Business Line*Support/Cross Services
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.