We are seeking to appoint a Safety Environment & Quality Officer to be part of the Regional Maintenance Delivery team within Regional and Freight, responsible for the provision of performance monitoring, safety, environment and quality management services to the Region’s delivery staff.
Reporting and working under the direction of the Safety Environment and Quality Coordinator, you will provide training in the implementation of systems as well as conduct systems audits on projects, assist with facilitation of continuous improvement processes on Quality Systems.
To be successful in this role, you have high levels of written and verbal communication skills as well as experience in analysing information, developing, implementing and monitoring of safety environment and quality management systems. As you will be required to travel on occasion, it is essential that you hold a current motor vehicle licence.
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia's leading public sector agencies, with more than 5,500 employees and an annual budget of $5.5 billion.
As part of Transport for NSW we are responsible for implementing strategic and essential frontline services to the people of NSW who use roads, harbours and waterways.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to transport operations and road safety in New South Wales.
When you join Roads and Maritime Services, you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that offers generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
As the key agency in NSW for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our staff to reach their full potential.
Remuneration Package: RMS USS Grade 8 ($94,808 - $101,738), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Transport please click here
Our commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life and at Transport for NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
How to apply
For any enquiries, please contact Peter Marshall on 0407 953 420 and quote 0000640J
Applications close: 11.49 pm, Monday 30 April 2018
Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Key Application Responses
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of safety, environment and quality management systems and continuous improvement programs to relevant standards.
- Proven communication skills including facilitation, liaison, negotiation and presentation skills to enable training in management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project maintenance and construction OHS&R, Environmental and Quality System requirements, concepts and responsibilities and the ability to promote and develop in staff those requirements and responsibilities.
- Experience in conducting, reporting and monitoring quality systems audits.
- Proven experience in improving systems through audit and review.
- Experience in using standard computer packages to organise, present and analyse data and to produce clear reports.