Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment. Flexible working options are available.
At Boeing Defence Australia you can watch your ideas come to life.
We are helping to shape the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most complex sustainment and development program for the Australian Defence Force.
So from day one – your contribution will make a difference.
We are seeking an Engineer (Safety) for the Wedgetail In Service Support team located at RAAF Williamtown, NSW. As the Engineer (Safety) you will be responsible for assisting the Principal Engineer (System Safety) to manage the approved System Safety Program Plan. This includes System Safety management, Risk Assessment planning and HAZCHEM management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and updating HAZCHEM records and management systems for the Wedgetail aircraft
- Assisting in identification and assessment of Hazards, and the development/progression of mitigation strategies
- Supporting the development of safe maintenance procedures, reviewing manuals and maintenance procedures
To be successful you will have:
- System safety engineering experience including the ability to define an effective system safety engineering program
- Tertiary qualifications sufficient to satisfy the requirements for membership in the Institute of Engineers, Australia (IEAust)
- Minimum CERT IV qualification related to the WHS Act 2011
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Joining BDA is a chance to make your mark, working on some of the most exciting and innovating technologies in the world within a supportive team that values diverse views.
So if you haven't considered a job with us, there has never been a better time to start. See your career take off and click Apply now.