About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia's Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine.
The Novo Rail Alliance delivers Rail Infrastructure projects in the Sydney and surrounding areas extending to Newcastle, Lithgow and Wollongong. The Alliance members include: Transport for NSW, Aurecon, Laing O’Rourke and RCR. The programme Alliance commenced just over 9 years ago and has delivered over $1.3 BN worth of infrastructure projects as a delivery partner for Transport for NSW.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for experieced Safety Advisors to join our Novo Rail Alliance team in Eveleigh and West Ryde, NSW.
- Develop and deliver Prestart & toolbox talks
- Assists with the coordination of HSE training for staff and workforce
- Provides basic HSE Management System (SMS) and contractual requirements coaching
- Conduct basic accident investigation
- Manage IMPACT data
- Coordinates inspection program
- Assists with Risk Management tool development (Prestart briefing /JHA, SWMS, PRA)
- Ensuring all appropriate actions are taken to implement the HSEMS, legislative and client contractual requirements
- Monitoring and conducting regular HSE governance checks within the project sites including collective insights, Positive Investigations, reporting breaches and recommending remedial actions
You will have
Relevant Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health & Safety combined with over 3 years' experience on large scale infrastructure projects, ideally in Australia.
At Laing O'Rourke we work hard to create an environment that brings out the very best in our people. We believe in building careers amid a safe, connected and innovative culture – not just creating jobs.
We want to equip all our people with the skills they need to be part of a dynamic Engineering Enterprise.
We have our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to industry-leading learning tools to help every employee acquire the core competencies and skills needed to excel in this fast-changing environment.
We have committed to a number of policies and programs to improve our gender composition, including our industry-leading paid parental leave policy, where the primary carer is entitled to 26 weeks of paid leave, 18 of which are at full pay and eight weeks at half pay.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.