Do work that matters
The Business Lending Risk and Controls team is a Line 1 team and is accountable for managing all risks within Business Lending by effectively identifying, understanding, and managing risks, in order to maintain risk within the B&PB risk appetite.
As we support a Product team we also have end-to-end accountability to manage risks in their business, i.e. across the entire value chain of their product.
We provide comprehensive risk service, including risk management advice and risk management activities to ensure there is effective governance, oversight and management of operational risks.
See yourself in our team
You will help to drive the strategic direction of Business Lending risk culture in line with our vision and values and the Group’s Operational Risk Management Framework and more broadly within B&PB risk appetite.
You will be a trusted advisor for operational risk related matters working collaboratively across all of the B&PB business & support partners, including the Line of Business Operational Risk teams, Line 2 Operational Risk and Internal Audit and Group functions.
Key responsibilities will include:
Your primary contribution will be to act as a partner to guide and advise the Business Lending team to assess and manage their Risk In change to support and achieve their business objectives.
- Identifying, discussing and mitigating any new, foreseeable risks from new product developments or enhancements; and
- Assist the team to identify and develop new controls supporting the team to manage their day-to-day Risk Profile
- Driving a uplift in the culture of operational risk
- Provide proactive risk management advice, and co-ordinate and implement effective risk management activities
- Risk-in-Change – Support and guide the business in understanding and developing controls to mitigate new and emerging risks
- Drive continuous improvement in the end-to-end risk and control environment
- Risk assessments for Risk in Change activities and/or Group wide Policy requirements.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Experience in an Operational Risk, Compliance, AML or Risk based role;
- Experience in the Banking/ Financial Services industry;
- (Preferred) Sound understanding of Corporate Banking (product value chains and end-to-end process management);
- Technologically savvy, with an understanding of delivering complex banking solutions and a desire to drive change.
- Strong influencing and communication skills;
- Strong conceptual, analytical, research and problem solving skills;
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.