- You are results driven, focused and determined
- We’re a team driven to push the boundaries and bring our customer vision to life
- Together we can help you be you and support your career development
Do work that matters
This role is primarily accountable for the delivery of strategic insights, ad hoc analysis and regular reports within IB&M Risk function. In addition, the role will also contribute to the Loan Loss Provisioning.
See yourself in our team
Risk Management, Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) forms part of the Group Risk Management division, and specifically, it provides IB&M businesses with specialist risk services and advice.
In any given week you will
Risk Analytics and Reporting
- Extract and collate data for credit portfolio analysis and reporting, ensuring accuracy, consistency and fit for purpose. Identify and remediate data issues to improve data quality and report accuracy;
- Produce high-quality and insightful analysis/reports. Identify underlying drivers and provide explanation in a business context. Engage with business and risk stakeholders and present the analysis/insight in an impactful manner. Deliver value-adding insight to improve risk management and risk adjusted return;
Loan Loss Provisioning
- Loan Impairment Expense (LIE) report and analytics - Develop, maintain, review, agree and communicate accurate LIE reporting for IB&M. Create the Loan Loss Provisioning Committee pack and present in the various forums. Provide loan impairment forecasting. Conduct ad hoc LIE Stress Testing & Scenario Analysis;
- Contribute to the review and interpretation of relevant accounting and regulatory standards and provisioning methodologies and changes thereto;
- Address queries from stakeholders by undertaking ad hoc analysis, projects and tasks. Manage and maintain good relationship with stakeholders across Business and Risk;
- Lead the team and provide guidance and assurance check of the work conducted by team members. Develop the skill set of team members and maintain a diversified, inclusive and high performance culture.
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Analytical mindset. Able to investigate the root cause of problem and provide practical solutions. Able to leverage data and analytics to explain findings and get buy-in from business stakeholders
- Advanced experience in producing reports, conducting analytics and providing commentaries. Advanced experience in loan loss provisioning
- Adequate technical skills in SAS and SQL to enable data extraction and analysis. Tableau experience preferable
- Good communication skills. Experience of presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Good understanding of credit risk management, Risk concepts/process. Knowledge of Business and product preferable. Detailed knowledge of accounting and regulatory requirements impacting credit loss provisions
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Experience in leading a team
- Substantial experience in financial services
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.