Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 40 Westfield shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
Westfield Chatswood is located on Sydney’s affluent North Shore, conveniently situated with easy reach of Chatswood train station, a major bus interchange and the Pacific Highway. We offer over 270 diverse retailers to our customers, as well as a vibrant and popular Asian dining market.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Risk & Security Manager to join our team at Westfield Chatswood. This is a varied role, with a key focus on risk management, leading and directing the centre security function, and providing the optimal level of security and safety for our retailers and customers.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively plan and deliver priorities from the Safety Framework, influencing others to deliver their obligations to provide a safe and secure environment that exceeds customer expectations, while promoting safety as an integral part of the customer experience
- Proactive management, reporting and response to hazard identification, incidents, emergencies, near misses and claims
- Manage safety audits and inspection programs
- Identify risks, recommending and implementing appropriate controls to manage within Scentre Group’s risk appetite including monthly CSA, Work, Health and Safety programs and managing security operations to ensure a safe workplace and a culture of "people protecting people"
- Attend to Centre emergencies; ensuring risk and security staff and contractors are trained to deal with all emergencies
- Actively participate as a senior team member to support the Asset Team in the delivery of the Centre commercial outcomes as outlined in the Strategic Asset Plan ensuring that risk and safety considerations are integral to business decision making
- Identify new/emerging security or risk issues related to your Centre and work with National Security and Intelligence Team to devise innovative mitigation strategies to address issues identified
- Management of 1 direct report – Risk & Security Supervisor, as well as leading and inspiring the contracted service providers to deliver a safe, world class customer experience, create a service culture and exceptional delivery
As a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
This is a permanent position with full-time hours.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll have excellent risk management experience, partnered with a strong background in security, and a passion for retail property! Technically, you’ll also have the following skills and experience:
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Security Licence 1AC
- Qualifications in Work Health and Safety or related discipline
- Solid experience in risk or security management in retail property, hospitality, entertainment, leisure or services organization
- Ability to mitigate & manage risk, manage incident response, and follow through with insurance, claims management and litigation process where required
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.