Our Project Risk team is growing and we are looking for an experienced professional to help drive our growth and success both in the Sydney market and nationally.
About our team
Many complex business projects fail to achieve their objectives and many project sponsors don't realise that their projects are failing until it's too late. We help our clients to get better outcomes from their projects through detailed independent project reviews, advanced project risk management techniques, turnaround of failing projects and then assistance in keeping projects on track to deliver the strategic benefits the organisation needs.
You have experienced large, complex projects having potentially worked in a PMO or as a senior project/program manager. You can tell what good and bad project, program or portfolio management looks like. You have a passion for successful delivery and getting projects over the line.
You must bring a practical knowledge of project management and, preferably, risk management. You will have appropriate qualifications (Prince 2, PMBOK, Agile or equivalents) with experience successfully operating in project environments. We will expect strong communication skills, a highly organised approach and proven project management. Experience of consulting or professional services is not required but will be a big advantage.
In addition you will have experience developing and selling project-related consulting opportunities into external clients. You will bring an understanding of the challenges of project delivery in particular industry sectors such as Public Sector, Financial Services, Health, Energy and Education. You will also have experience delivering project risk services and tailoring existing services to bespoke client needs.
About the role
This challenging role will see you:
* Working as a Director within our project risk team, providing advice and managing teams to improve outcomes on our clients' most complex projects
* Maintaining a strong external client network and internal Deloitte network to identify and close project risk opportunities
* Leading complex advisory engagements, and being accountable for successful client outcomes and engagement profitability
* Assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of our clients' projects to help them address key strategic and operational risks
* Taking a leadership role within our Project Risk team, helping to drive its growth and success
* Being seen as an expert in a project risk related field, sought after for your advice and coaching staff members
* Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of Deloitte's leading edge tools and methodologies, while promoting and enforcing compliance with mandated professional practices
* Being able to work, manage time, and prioritise within a portfolio of client work
* Consistently displaying extraordinary commitment to client service.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are collectively accountable for the success of our national team. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you will be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you acquire the skills and capabilities you need to succeed.
Please apply online