The people and culture at BP make it a truly special place to work and this is underpinned by a focus on transparent, respectful and people-focused relationships and communication. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Retail Pricing team within the Sales & Marketing stream.
As the Retail Pricing Specialist you will be responsible for monitoring volume and gross margin performance. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to optimise pricing processes, pricing applications and systems. This is a fantastic role to show case your commercial and strategic analytical skills!
- Set prices Retail Sites in a timely manner that is consistent with site specific pricing approach.
- Leverage functionality in pricing systems and applications to automate procedures which improve efficiency and minimise risk of error.
- Maintain accurate and current data in pricing systems and rules associated with pricing sites.
- Ensure rigorous and consistent application of pricing policies.
- Automate and optimise processes to monitor volume and margin performance, track and understand changes in performance.
- Inform and support the development of regional and site specific pricing strategies. Ensure effective implementation of such strategies and track performance.
Tertiary education in Business or related field would be desirable.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Affinity for Data. We are looking for someone who is highly numerate and has proven ability to analyse large volume of data and drawn insights from analysis.
- Experience in operating and applying models that support commercial decision making.
- Proven commercial acumen, with the ability to assess the short term and long term financial implications of decisions.
- Ability to be both flexible and tenacious. Able to adapt quickly to change, manage potential conflict situations and deliver the best outcome for the business.
- Strong influencing and communication skills. A high degree of resilience and confidence in dealing with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven capability to work with IT applications and optimise processes and procedures.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Relevant experience in Data Analytics and ability to use a wide range of IT applications would be desirable.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.