The Learning Specialist (LS) possesses a passion for technology and supports the growth of each of the store team members by teaching them about our product line-up, customer service skills, and resources that will prepare them to offer a world-class customer experience. The LS reports directly to the Store Manager and is the ultimate subject matter expert when it comes to role, product, demo, and sales training for all team members in the store. The LS also partners with the HQ Readiness Team to help drive company and retail store priorities to ensure strategic objectives are met within the store.
•      Generate customer obsession within our community through your passion and knowledge of everything Microsoft related
•      Create a learning environment that is passionate, fun, & filled with knowledge for our employees and customers which builds on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
•      Evangelize product offerings and cross platform ecosystem integration through in-store experiences and learning engagements that build on increased utilization with devices customers own and love
•      Excel in fast paced and ambiguous situations by possessing impeccable organizational skills, patience and empathy
•      Be able to pivot in a changing in-store environment and circumstances through world class customer and employee engagements
•      Proactively build your Microsoft product & service acumen in order to be the expert in everything related to our internal and external customers by learning through peers, self-educating, and showcasing product and service offerings
•      Ability to be flexible and manage tasks according to the needs of business
Drive for Results
•      Create an inclusive environment of modern story telling through insight sharing and self-discovery to deliver financial results
•      Coach team members on sales skills and habits through observation to further enhance selling and support knowledge
•      Observe customer interactions to provide sales and product coaching that can elevate overall store results and team engagement focus areas
•      Ensure learning management tool results of the store team is meeting and exceeding company deadlines put into place
Influencing for Impact
•      Infuse Microsoft Store culture, mission and values within the team, which will elevate in-store customer interactions
•      Continuously promote product knowledge to others along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings, building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
•      Possesses the ability to persuade positive business outcomes through in-store interactions with customers and team mates'
•      Feel empowered to impact and support store and corporate leadership teams in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in the lives of our customers
•      Combines resources to provide a thorough learning experience while partnering with teammates to achieve store and company goals
•      Connect with each team member to understand their readiness and learning needs to ensure they are able to deliver on all training content
•      2 years of experience in a teaching, training, or management capacity
•      Valid authorization to work in Australia is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
•      Previous technology/product/software training experience or related teaching experience in non-retail environment
•      Experience in selling consumer electronics or technology solutions
•      Deep understanding of Microsoft products including, but not limited to:   Windows, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and cross-platform services like Skype, OneDrive, OneNote, and Office and how each of those products competes in the marketplace.
•      Time management, analytical and organizational skills with a high-level attention to detail
•      Strong verbal and written communication skills
•      Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.