- Are you passionate about geophysics?
- Are you interested & experienced in inversion methods, deterministic and probabilistic
- Add value through research & development in the field of electromagnetic methods
CSIRO Mineral Resources is seeking a research scientist with a developing record of research and development in the field of electromagnetic methods, with specific focus on natural source technologies and the application of these methods in conjunction with controlled source electromagnetic technologies, including ground and airborne TEM systems.
The role requires an individual with a demonstrated interest and experience in inversion methods, deterministic and probabilistic, and the application of these to minerals system understanding in areas of deep cover, including sedimentary basins.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Contribute to the analysis of geophysical data from other areas in support of Program objectives.
- Undertake research aligned with the goals of the Discovery Program in CSIRO Mineral Resources and publish high quality scientific and/or engineering papers in quality journals and presentations at national and international conferences.
Location: Kensington WA or Adelaide SA
Salary: AU$95K - AU$103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in geophysics.
- A sound theoretical understanding of electromagnetic methods, experience in the use and application of robust 1, 2 and 3D inversion techniques (deterministic and probabilistic), and their application.
- Demonstrated experience in the theoretical understanding of natural field EM, and controlled source EM techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in the geophysical analysis and interpretation of AMT, CSAMT, and ZTEM data sets for minerals exploration.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
CSIRO Mineral Resources works with industry to grow Australia’s resource base, increase productivity and drive environmental performance. We also provide critical scientific analysis that underpins a growing national dialogue on how resources impact society and the environment.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load one document which incorporates your address to the selection criteria, a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your CV (Maximum 5000Kilobytes) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 6 May 2018.