- Do you have a passion for mineral systems in Geoscience?
- Make a difference through innovative research of mineral system signatures
- Join a world class research team within CSIRO Mineral Resources
The Discovery Program in CSIRO’s Mineral Resources Business Unit is inviting applications for a leader in Exploration geoscience research.
As the successful candidate you will be an innovative thinker with industry experience to undertake research in the science of exploration targeting and vectoring in covered terrains via low level detection of mineral system signatures. You will apply new approaches to data collection, interpretation and tool development with the geological interaction between basement and cover for vectoring and detection, as a core research focus area.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Direct and develop a project portfolio that delivers high-impact research with strategic relevance to the Minerals industry.
- Foster collaboration and interactions between scientists and clients, matching client needs with research outcomes.
Location: Kensington WA
Salary: AU$131K - AU$145K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD in Geology or a related area with significant experience and depth of understanding of science with relevant industry experience.
- Record of research to support mineral exploration in covered and transported sequence environments
- Demonstrated expertise in exploration geoscience research relevant to one or more of the following focus areas: Au and or Cu – Au (Hydrothermal/ magmatic), Sediment Copper, Supergene processes.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
CSIRO Mineral Resources works with industry to grow Australia’s resource base, increase productivity and drive environmental performance. We also provide critical scientific analysis that underpins a growing national dialogue on how resources impact society and the environment.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load one document which incorporates your address to the selection criteria, a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your CV (Maximum 5000Kilobytes) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 6 May 2018.