- Contribute your expertise to innovative research in a dynamic team
- Support Australia’s premier Aquaculture researchers
- Join a high-performing team in the aquaculture industry
CSIRO Agriculture and Food seek a Research Scientist to undertake the development and implementation of aquaculture breeding programs. You will be a part of a team responsible for activities related to the development and operation of prawn/shrimp breeding programs, and conducting associated biological experimentation, with a strong applied focus. Upon commencement you will support existing projects, and through development and mentoring, you will be required to lead new projects within the Aquaculture Program in the future.
Your duties will include
- Assisting in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carry out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Presenting results in a meaningful format, preparing reports for clients and/or writing scientific papers for publication.
- Addressing problems promptly and in a constructive manner, selecting the most profitable lines of attack upon a problem.
- Undertaking in experimental and/or observational research activities, often requiring the supervision and/or training of others to ensure experiments are established in accordance with research design, or as required.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Bribie Island
Salary: AU$95k - AU$103k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant PhD (or comparable study) and demonstrated experience in crustacean biology.
- Experience in managing projects or research involving aquaculture industry clients
- Familiarity with aquaculture breeding programs, and attendant issues of disease and biosecurity.
- Demonstrated experience in writing scientific publications and/or industry research reports.
- Strong communication and team skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
7th Jan 2019