About the Role
Reporting to the FP&A Manager, this role will be involved in month end activities, reporting, forecasting and budgeting activities. The areas of the business in focus will be Customer Markets and New Energy Services, giving you an opportunity to get a wide scope of the overall AGL business.
The Reporting Analyst will be hands on with various projects, focus on understanding the business and make suggestions on improvements that can be made.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the Customer Markets Operations and New Energy Services businesses to assist with financial & analytical analysis to provoke change and support decision making
- Provide support to greater Consumer & Business Markets Finance team as required
- Challenge and improve the forecast and budget processes to produce reliable financial forecasts
- As required report on business performance results and metrics; providing analysis on drivers of variances
- Provide support in preparation of budget, forecasts and three year plan in an accurate and timely manner
- Support development and continually improve modelling capabilities (including maintenance of long term financial models) and supporting analysis
- Other month end performance, analysis and reporting duties
- Experience with BW/SAP (highly regarded)
- CPA or CA qualified along with relevant tertiary qualifications
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with financial modelling
- Significant and demonstrated experience in a similar role with the ability to learn rapidly
- Self starter who can work autonomously and deliver high quality results
- Detailed knowledge of business drivers and performance indicators - has a strong business acumen
- Ability to build relationships with and influence stakeholders at various work levels
- Ability to understand, utilise and improve sophisticated accounting and reporting systems
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.
Advertised: 30 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 13 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time