At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Our Jimblebar operation is BHP's first fully autonomous haulage site. Jimblebar is a dynamic site where we strive to achieve a culture of inclusion, improve safety and productivity with the use of technologyReporting to the Manager Mobile Maintenance you will have the opportunity to showcase your business improvement and analytical skills whilst leading a team of Analysis and Improvement Specialists, Planners & Trainer Assessors. You will be a critical link between the Mining Equipment Maintenance team and Mining Production team, safely optimising and improving site plant and equipment performance, and enabling maintenance to be delivered at the most efficient schedule & cost. You will utilise your highly developed communication and influencing skills to motivate your team and others to identify, prioritise and deliver on improvement initiatives to "lock in" value for BHP.
- Assist the Manager Maintenance to analyse current processes and identify improvement opportunities at an operational level
- Develop, maintain and implement site wide process improvement strategies, ensuring compliance to process
- Drive reliability, asset strength and continuous improvement initiatives and programs
- Partner with the site Leadership Team to ensure departmental metrics are being adhered to
- Continue to identify, facilitate and deliver ongoing productivity improvements and cost reduction initiatives to ensure our right to operate as a low cost producer
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with and the continual improvement
- Assist to develop and embed a culture of financial based decisions that guide the department to achieve key site targets
- Ensure relevant standard operating procedures, training materials and training plans are maintained, and coordinate training of Production personnel in these procedures
- Lead, coach and mentor team members to ensure delivery against performance expectations
- Positively influence and shape the culture to ensure a safe, diverse, productive, quality, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant maintenance field or engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in effective data analysis and reporting and building business cases for improving equipment performance
- Strong Experience in Reliability Engineering and leading investigations (root cause analysis)
- Demonstrated experience using Defect Elimination process to drive equipment performance
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring employees to deliver on plan and building a competent, engaged and disciplined team
- Six Sigma / Lean Qualifications are advantageous
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships across workgroups
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based at our ‘Jimblebar’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off, 9 days on, 5 days off roster (or similar depending on preference). Jimblebar is a fully automated mine site and is located 40kms North East of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at Warrawandu FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room, music room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 3G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible employment arrangements and a generous paid parental leave policy which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia