Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
We have a unique opportunity for a Reliability Engineer reporting to the Planning & Technical Superintendent you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
With an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and manage reliability risks for Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME)
- Identify, analyse and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Scope, design, manage and implement site engineering projects within the mobile maintenance planning department
- Provide technical support to site operations performing failure analysis investigations and the review of relevant systems and procedures
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- Understanding of Western Australian Workplace Health and Safety Act, Regulations and where applicable Codes of Practice
- Proficient in financial, data analysis and scheduling packages
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Proven knowledge of budget, time and outcomes within planning and design
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance strategy development and problem solving
- Significant reliability experience in a mining environment
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.