- ASX 100 - global manufacturer & marketer of commercial explosives & fertiliser
- Live at the gateway to Great Barrier Reef - Townsville, Queensland
- FIFO with attractive & sustainable roster cycles
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers.
The integrated mining and processing complex at Phosphate Hill and Mt Isa produces one million tonnes of high analysis fertiliser per annum. The facilities process phosphate rock mined from the Phosphate Hill resource with the production of ammonia from natural gas and sulphuric acid from copper smelter gases to manufacture phosphoric acid and high analysis ammonium phosphate fertiliser for domestic and export markets.
As part of the Reliability and Improvement team this role will see you provide key plant performance advice and Engineering support to the Maintenance Planning, Engineering, Plant Operations and Maintenance teams at Phosphate Hill and Mt Isa.
Partnering with these stakeholders you will help deliver mechanical equipment reliability and integrity with an emphasis on increasing uptime, eliminating defects and mitigating risks. Tertiary qualified in Mechanical engineering you will have proven experience in pressure equipment inspection, reliability and integrity as well as working knowledge of rotating equipment and structures. You are distinguished from your peer’s due to your high level of communication and problem-solving skills which are key in this position.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to build a successful career. We are looking to hear from people with:
Tertiary qualification in mechanical or materials engineering or equivalent industry experience. AICIP or API inspection qualification preferred.
experience in maintenance and/or engineering of a petro-chemical manufacturing plant, power generation or similar heavy industry environment with at least 3 years in the field of pressure equipment and structural steel reliability and integrity.
Familiarity with rotating and static equipment operation and maintenance and sound knowledge of materials, failure mechanisms, performance monitoring, principles of compressible flow, principles of lubrication management and condition monitoring and equipment inspection and overhaul practices.
Experience in appropriate engineering standards to support World Class manufacturing.
Experienced in the various methods of Root Cause Failure Analysis.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced mining engineer to leverage their existing knowledge, skills and make a name for themselves with an ASX100 global chemical / explosives manufacturing company.
If this is your next career opportunity simply select "apply now"
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- An above market attractive salary package is offered with excellent lifestyle FIFO roster
- This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organisation and proactively contribute to a high performing team
A little more about us
- At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
- The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices and have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
- We support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Dyno Nobel and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.