About the Role
- The purpose of this role is to take accountability for the release of high quality solutions into AGL production systems
- Provide release governance and oversight of project preparation for deployment as part of the IT CX Delivery team
- Plan and coordinate the overall release schedule taking into account interdependencies between releases, systems and teams
- Monitor and manage the completion of each initiative due to be delivered by a release, ensuring that dates are met or action to remove or descope initiatives taken
- Planning and coordinating the environments required to support this release schedule
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, monitoring, control and delivery of concurrent releases consisting of multiple projects to achieve business outcomes and benefits within agreed scope and schedule
- Coordinate a team of RTEs, Scrum Masters, Test Leads, Technical Leads and key Business stakeholders to ensure adherence to timeframes, quality and release gates
- Plan, manage and review release scope, gates, time, quality, communications, change management and risks
- Monitor and control release progress, including taking corrective actions to ensure delivery of releases within agreed scope, schedule and quality
- Work with Program, Project and other environment managers to determine the project and release environment requirements
- Provide management information about Release Management quality and operations
- Work with appropriate Delivery Managers, Business Stakeholders and IT partners and vendors to coordinate the delivery of program of work across AGL’s multiple systems
- Extensive experience in release and deployment methodologies and processes
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic program environment
- Ability to manage key stakeholder interests whilst at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests
- Ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with clients, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a cross team environment
- At least 5 years’ experience Release and Deployment Management
- Proven ability to operate and deliver in large, complex and dynamic environments
- Experience in ITIL principles or current ITIL certification
- Experience in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
30% employee discount on usage and service charges for AGL gas and electricity.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Embrace a change where your actions will make a difference. Apply today!
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.